Friday, January 13, 2012

Walk a mile in my shoes


Walk a mile in my shoes


It is so easy for someone to say "You are so negative" or "It has been long enough, time to get on with your life".    They have no idea what life is like after losing a son.  Not a single clue to what it might feel like to feel what I feel.   Can I be negative? Absolutely.  I try very hard not to be negative.

Walk a mile in my shoes and see what is like before casting judgement on anything I do.

This is a bit of rant but also a reminder to those people involved in the lives of grieving people.

Empathy = To show empathy is to identify with another's feelings. It is to emotionally put yourself in the place of another. The ability to empathize is directly dependent on your ability to feel your own feelings and identify them.

No comments:

Post a Comment