Thursday, January 26, 2012

One day at a time....


One day at a time....


Just like an addict is told to take one day at a time, so should those who are grieving.  Every day is a new day full of infinite possibilities and second chances.  I know that Will would want me to lead a happy and productive life.  He was always a positive force in my life and I still try to live up to his expectations.  

Will would have expected his father to forgive those responsible for his death.  I have forgiven.

Will would have expected his father to treat his mother with dignity and respect.  I know she misses Will so much. I truly hope that in the near future we can share memories of Will's wonderful life and laugh together.   I know Will would want his mother to be happy.  There is nothing, short of my own happiness, that I want more in life than to see her happy again.

If it sounds like I am hurting a little more today than usual it is because I am.  I miss being a father and having family.  The true story of Will's death is coming, I have begun writing it.  The truth needs to be told so that others can learn from it and not let it happen again.

I live one day a time.




No comments:

Post a Comment