Monday, January 16, 2012

It is a rocky road: Part One


It is a rocky road: Part One

The road to recovery from a the loss of a child is very rocky.  It is a road filled with steep hills, potholes, backseat drivers and lots of detours.   Sometimes it feels like things are great, usually on the downside of one of those steeps hills, and then your realize you have been coasting.   Hit a pothole while coasting and you may crash.   Crashing is never good, your momentum has come to a complete stop and you may have even gotten hurt.

The lesson I have learned is to try to be aware of those moments where you first think things are great and ask myself if I am coasting.  The first time I did this I was incomplete denial.  I thought I was pushing on the gas pedal and really making progress. Honestly, I hated to prove myself right.  Please be true to yourself.  The less opportunity you have to get hurt, the better your chances are for a faster recovery.

Backseat drivers and detours are fodder for at least two other upcoming posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment