Thursday, December 15, 2011

Moving forward is not moving on


Moving forward is not moving on

Do not feel guilty for cracking a smile.

Do not feel guilty for laughing.

It may not always feel right to smile or laugh again after losing someone close to you. It feels totally natural to feel that way. The first few times I inched away from the shadows and actually laughed I felt horrible. What would Will think? I made myself physically sick thinking about it. It wasn't hardly more than a giggle but I felt so guilty for it.

Did you ever share laugh with your lost one? Does it make you smile to think about that memory. (I caught you, you were smiling)

One of my first lessons after Will died was to cut myself some slack. It became clearer the more I thought what Will would think. Will would have wanted me to smile and laugh. His life was all about smiling and laughing. I like to think that Will smiles and laughs with me as I smile and laugh.

Do not feel guilty for living.

This post is dedicated to the person that told me today on the phone that moving forward does not mean moving on. Moving on is letting go. Moving forward is embracing the memories and never letting go.

No comments:

Post a Comment