Friday, June 14, 2013

Set A Fire


Set A Fire by Will Reagan & United Pursuit

We took Will to his first music festival when he was only a month old. Over his short life he saw lots of music at dozens of festivals. He loved the freedom of camping out, cooking out, he loved the music but most of all he seemed to just love all the different people he would meet.

In the fall of 2008 at a small festival in LaFayette, GA Will told me that he had a clear definition of who he was as a person. At that moment I had no idea what he was talking about. He had a very serious look and told me that he was a "Chrippie". I could tell by the look on his face that the look on my face had him frustrated.

Will told me that he was a Christian Hippie. He told me "he loved everyone like the hippies do and it was just like Jesus loving everyone".

At the time I just laughed and he went back to playing with his friends.

For some reason this song makes me think of Will and that moment. It is the theme song for 2013 at my Church and has really meant a lot to me in recent weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment