Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A perplexing question


A perplexing question

There are people out there that start a conversation with me just to some how get around to talking about how much they miss their parents, grandparents or other loved one.  I understand having a connection to someone else that has lost a child or someone that I might have known personally but this is different;  these people make a point of making death a part of every single conversation.  They never start out on the subject but it never fails to come up every single time I speak them.  

Why?

I try show empathy when called for but this feels like emotional manipulation and I need to do a better job of recognizing it.   A grieving person is obviously vulnerable and easily manipulated but sometimes also completely blind to the manipulation until they recognize it for the first time.


No comments:

Post a Comment