Friday, May 24, 2013

School is out, life goes on......


School is out, life goes on......

I can not begin to describe the feeling I get each year near the end of May.   It used to be the time of excitement.  The end of the school year meant it was time to enjoy our family time and plan our next summer adventure.   Those are great memories.  Honestly, they are great, bittersweet, memories of a life that once was.  It is such a sad time of year for me.

Life is so unbelievably short.  I look back and now realize that I took so much of those family moments for granted. Never, ever, did I think they would come to a crashing end.   You just don't plan for that kind of thing to happen.  You can't plan for tragedy.

I realize that I am blessed with a lot of great memories.   If given the opportunity I would trade all the memories in for just one more sunny, summer afternoon with Will and my family.  But I know that is not a real option.  God's plan is greater than that.

Enjoy your summer!  Hug your kids every chance you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment