Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Post Father's Day


Post Father's Day

Father's Day was pretty good this year.  I had a chance to spend some time with my Father and share some great memories.  My Mom was looking good and giving my Dad a hard time.  It was the weekend of their 49th wedding anniversary and it was nice to see them enjoying themselves.   I shared a letter that I found that Will had written to one of his friends.   

The letter was reminder of how Will dealt with the challenges that he faced as a 9 year old.  It was direct, to the point and did not mince words.  His friend had hurt his feelings, he wanted them to know and have an opportunity to make things right.   It was an amazing glimpse of the boy that I miss so much.  I want to be more like him every day.   How often does someone hurt our feelings and we don't let them know.  They might not have any idea.  His words were not confrontational, he was just being honest about his feelings.

I carry the letter in my wallet and have pulled it out several times since Father's Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment